Thursday, May 15, 2014

Greetings From Jake

Hidey-hoe, Neighbors!

lol I always wanted to say that, or just write it and now I have. In case you don't recognize it, that's the greeting from Mr. Wilson, the neighbor who's property butted up against the back yard of Tim Taylor (Tim Allen) on the show from the 90s, Home Impreovment. If you don't recognize this TV show or never watched it, track it down - it's well worth watching and better than any of the so-called sitcoms on TV today.

Enough of that. It has nothing to do with my post this morning. Just started off that way.

I haven't posted in here in a long, long time. In fact, everything I had in here previously was so outdated that I went ahead and deleted everything, so no, you can't even read my old blog entries. Too bad, eh? But that underscores why I'm in here today, writing, for the first time in over two years (Geez, has it really been that long?). Yup. I noticed the last post was in the summer almost three years ago and that qualifies as more than two years ago.

All these ramblings hit right on the nose of my entry today (if I ever get around to it, eh?), which is, that I'm one of those writers who has such a wild imagination that I can't seem to reign it in and control what goes on in my own mind. Because of this I'll typically start writing on a story idea that came to me and usually, somewhere around 45K words or so another story idea starts bothering me so insistently that I tend to break off writing on the current piece and begin writing on the new idea. Not a great way to write, I admit, since at my last counting I had over a dozen unfinished books on my laptop, waiting patiently for me to come back around and finish them off. Err, that didn't sound right. Not to finish them off in the sense that a crime novel villain would, but finish them off as in complete the blasted things so they can be published.

I've had quite a few people over the past few years ask me what my current project was and each time I answer it's always something different. Sometimes someone asks, "Did you ever publish that last book you were writing?" and of course my answer is usually something like, "Ah, no. Did you really have to bring that up?"

Yes, I know, it's not good to leave so many books unfinished. My brain is simply too overly active and quite often, since I make my own covers, as well, I tend to have covers sitting around that are really quite remarkable, yet they have no book to adorn, simply because it never got finished. There are even covers for sequels for books I have written (ie, Dark Angel: Fallen has at least two books I was supposed to write after it and I made the covers for each of them, but never wrote the books). I have one entire fantasy series I've made covers for, but the first of the series has yet to be finished. It actually is quite a rousing fantasy piece and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy reading it, but I can't seem to get my *** in gear and get it finished.

Hopefully my current piece will get finished. Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay? And if you want to read any of the books I currently have available, they are all located on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and any of the sites that Smashwords supplies, as well as on the Smashwords' site itself. I'll post all the main links below. Oddly enough, my book sales have gone from being higher on Amazon to now being higher on B&N. Not sure if this means more readers are choosing to read on an iPad or if my Amazon readership has reached its saturation level, but at least B&N seems to be keeping me afloat with monthly revenue.

You can access my Amazon books as well by clicking on the cover of the book that strikes your fancy in the widget up at the upper-right corner of this blog. Not all of my books are shown there, so once you click on the first, simply click on my author name on that page to go to a complete list of all my currently published books.

Hope you have fun reading.

Jake

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Jacob-M.-Drake/e/B004G7GZ5C/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Jacob-Drake?store=allproducts&keyword=Jacob+Drake

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jacobmdrake

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning From the Old Ways

My people are known as the Lenni Lenape , which translates as the True People . This is how we thought of ourselves, since back then ...